Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Random Musings

I haven't read Blackest Night #2 yet but I have to be honest... I was disappointed with number 1. Undead Ralph and Sue kill Hawkgirl and Hawkman? That's four characters I like and I'm confused. Weren't Ralph and Sue the new versions of Deadman? So I should expect to see Boston Brand back right? Plus whats the point of killing two characters that ALWAYS COME BACK! It seems every time DC brings someone back some has to die. They brought back Conner Kent and Barry Allen and guess what... I don't care. I do like Geoff Johns but of late the new work he's done I'm either not into or it doesn't interested me. Oh well, the arts nice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to do more reading. But I can't come up with a good idea of what to buy. Walking through the bookstore gets boring and I'm taking chances on random books. i could always try the "classics" but that doesn't sound cool.

What have I read? The Dante Valentine sci-fi books by Lilith Saintcrow which were fun. Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way which was amusing. Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies was okay. Didn't really get into the first two Felix Gomez vampire books but I love the titles(Nymphos of Rocky Flats and X-Rated Bloodsuckers) Maybe its the fact that all the characters start to annoy me or just seem bland. And the stories themselves get really ridiculous for a mystery. He is a PI.

I still have to read The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl and today I picked up the current smash The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also picked up Tarantinos screenplay for Inglourious Bastereds. About to write my screenplay for a possible self-financed flick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been doing much writing because, well, busy and I really need to buy my own damn computer. But I have tweaked a little lately. Bunch of changes mid book for third draft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been following this Jasmine Fiore/Ryan Jenkins thing, for some reason, and it troubles me on many levels. The least of which is that, if it is proven Ryan killed and mutilated her, than his parents who've been adamant about his innocence will look bad. But I guess parents have to be on the side of their child.

No comments: