Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

2009 Movie Post Card-UPDATED-August Update

List of the movies I've seen and how I rate them.

9 B-
Good film.

Caroline A-
What a wonderful, beautiful film.

District 9 A
Probably the best film I've seen this year.

Drag Me to Hell B
Good, Sam Raimi fun.

Dragon Ball Evolution D-
They obviously had no clue what to do with this adaptation.

Fast & Furious C+
Silly. Flawed. But enjoyable. I'd watch it again.

Funny People B-
I thought it was pretty good. I generally enjoyed it.

GI Joe C
No better or worst than Transformers 2.

Green Lantern: First Flight C
I've seen GL's origin handled several times and this is my least favorite. Moved way too fast. They need to start making all thier moves 90 minutes at least.

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince C+
I liked the last film despite not caring for the book. This book i really enjoyed and they cut out some of my fav stuff and changed several scenes. Solid movie but disappointing.

The Hurt Locker B+
I liked it. Critics loved it.

Inglourious Basterds B
Fun film. The buzz is right, Christoph Waltz was intense.

Monsters vs. Aliens B
Funny and action packed.

Observe and Report C+
I liked it better than the critics did. Its... strange, depressing, and mean. Like someone doing a black comedy by way of Tarantino.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop B-
Its easy to see why this was such a hit. Surprisingly good action and fight scenes.

Ponyo B
Fun.

Public Enemies B-
Good movie but nothing really special.

Race to Witch Mountain C-
Extremely disappointing. Dwayne Johnson was the closest to a saving grace for this film.

Star Trek A-
Fun. Thrilling. A little too convenient at times but overall a winner.

Surrogates C
Decent but forgettable.

Taken B
Damn good time.

Terminator Salvation C
Great action and visuals. Okay acting. Needed a better story.

This Is It B
Good stuff

Transformers 2 C
Parts of it I liked, parts of it sucked, parts of it were 'meh.'

Tyson Documentary A-
Very, very good.

UpA
Amazing film. One of the bets of the year.

Watchmen C+
Its the Watchmen. It was as good as they were going to get.

Wonder Woman: Animated Movie A-
My fav of the straight to DVD animated DC films.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine EPIC FAIL
Like I said... a middle finger to comic book fans. Luckily the mainstream audience has taken to it. Guess this film proves why mainstream audiences are more important than built in audiences. Though I'm sure many complaining geeks bought a ticket for the first weekend anyway.

No comments: