Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

DC Solicits for January 2011

Lets look into the future shall we? Right here. Than my thoughts.

1-Most the covers have a similar design. Hero(es) on a white background with insignia or symbol. Its nice until you realize there's 7 bat books, 4 of which uses the layout(one focus' on Joker) and than there's all those other Bat-related books.

2-Speaking of Batman, BATMAN: EUROPA finally comes out after being advertised... like five or six years ago? Oh, and it looks like issue 3 of the new Batman: The Dark Knight is already late with issue 3.

3-Shazam?
SHAZAM! #1

Script by ERIC WALLACE
Art by CLIFF RICHARDS
Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
Blaze, the current ruler of Hell, has an offer for Mary and Billy Batson that may be too good to pass up! Left powerless, will the two former heroes have the strength to deny the devil? Can Freddy Freeman save them? And how does the Titan Osiris fit into it all? Find out here, in this one-shot special written by Eric Wallace (TITANS) with art by Cliff Richards (THE ROAD HOME: BATMAN & ROBIN #1)!


I'm sorry but I think what could make Shazam! work would be to do a lighthearted, more PG superhero comic. I don't think the devil offering them a deal really works with this type of character. And I don't like the cover. the hair, the lack of smile. Unless that's someone else in the outfit...



4-Wonder Woman's boobs didn't get bigger, they just made her top have a lower cut. Oh, and while the covers one of the better takes on the outfit it still does not work for me.



Looking at it more and more, I usually like Don Kramer, but there is something about how he draws Diana's face that bugs me. Maybe its the jawline, I don't know.

5-Batgirl #17 looks like a jumping on point. So I'll add that to my order plus pick up the one trade when I have a chance.

6-I was going to go off on how DC never seems to have enough archival/older material books coming out. At least in recent memory but they did well this time on two fronts. Finally volume 5 of Showcase Justice League and doing a Suicide Squad collection after they've been advertising and canceling it in various trade incarnations. Of course, they can cancel it again... Oh and another volume of one of their Archive series.

7-The bleed of dead imprints has a bunch of video game adaptations now being published by DC as well as an Authority trade. Plus the sequel to a OGN that originally came out through Minx.

8-Yay for FABLES #101.

9-DC pushing their trade releases farther into the future does not help because I order my books online. Due to problems with the comic shop closing and than reopening later which was inconvenient to me. Blah blah blah. I mention this because I do want to read I, Zombie. So DC/Vertigo guess what? I'm still not buying single issues and I'll wait for trade.

10-Some covers that popped for me. Mostly covers for books I don't buy and not really interested in.








Next up, Marvel Comics.

No comments: