Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010



Go see the original instead. Its not a bad movie unless you compare it to the original Freddy film.

I mean, the first flick was low tech and high high concept. This movie takes cues from the original but with less impact. The Freddy pushing out the wall scene. Bad CG. The original, replaces wall with some sort of latex and Freddy pressing out is far scarier. The tub scene with the Claw? Thank god they didn't go and do the complete scene. And of course the kill of the blond girl being thrown around the walls. When I saw that scene when I was young, I ran out crying like the brat I was. This time, saw it coming and it didn't have the edge.

One of the major differences of course was the building of suspense and the acting the original was better. They eliminated Nancy's dad who in the original was played by awesome John Saxon and Nancy's mother was far more deep with Oscar nominated Ronee Blakely.

Not to mention this Nancy was far less cool than Heather Langenkamp.

But if you want a decent horror flick I guess you might want to check it out.

Check out a bit I wrote a year or so ago about two of the best Freddy films.

No comments: