Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Minx Is Dead

So, DC imprint Minx, a line aimed at young adult, female readers has been canceled. Surprised? I am little. I assumed that the company was doing decently enough but I guess I was wrong. Little sad seeing as it was an effort to go after a different market. Guess trying to find ways to bring in a female audience that didn't read comics, or appeal to those who do, just did not work out for one reason or another.

I bought a few Minx titles and, honestly, preferred the art to the story in most of them. With the exception of Water Baby which I loved.

I don't have a long ramble about this. I'm sure I'm due for one sooner or later. I've been thinking about doing more, longer, opinionated pieces but really... what else can be said about the state of comics? People would rather read formula superhero books than something different. That and the companies have a hard time grabbing a larger in part to the lack of available outlets for comics and the fight for shelf room on a book stand at your local Borders or Barnes and Nobles.

Oh well...

No comments: