Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Comic-Con News and Tidbits I've Seen

Thus far, mostly news I don't care about. Really... Kevin Smith writing a Batman mini with Onomatopoeia doesn't interest me. Neither does a Flash mini even if its done by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver. I like those guys but I just don't care about the Flash.

The buzz that's being reported for Watchmen sounds hopeful. The rumors going out about the firing of new Punisher movie director, according to Ain't It Cool News, makes me think the film may not be any good. But word is the preview footage was nice. It was interesting to hear Sam Jackson on G4TV talk the Spirit which I have mixed feelings about.

I don't know if it was at the Con or if G4 just had its usual news ticker but a remake of Rocky Horror Picture Show by Mtv is beyond stupid. I'm not one of these guys who gets mad at remakes or adaptations but I find remaking this movie to be foolish. Why remake a film that still does better business than most movies ever will? The film is still being shown in theaters across the country. The fans are die hard. Not to mention when the movie was adapted from its stage production, it failed with a mainstream audience. Yes, mainstream audiences know the movie now but how many of them really care to see it? The only way this works in theaters is with a name cast and no name cast could ever hope to wow the die hards. It just seems like a lose-lose film. Won't impress the old fans, won't crossover for new fans.

Anything else happening? I don't know. Other than trying the next Brian Azzerello(I probably spelt that wrong) series from Vertigo no comic news has so far interested me.

No comments: