Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

At Least They Got Transformers Right...

So the new Street Fighter movie hit and apparently those who saw it hated it. At least according to Rotten Tomatos. Though someone over at IMDB liked it. But will that make me want to see a film thats based on one of my favorite video games of all time? Hell no. The film looks like crap. Makes me want to pull out the terrible 90s film. At least hat one had some fun to it.

I also recently read a review for the screenplay to GI Joe's feature film. Not good. They gave it an F saying that they veered away from the source material. Really? You adapt a film and the only thing you really keep are a handful of characters and the title? Sounds kind of like a bad idea. Than again, maybe, just maybe somewhere down the road of pre-production there were rewrites and/or the director made significant changes. Which at times can hurt a film but at times help. However, I'm not sold on the trailer just yet.

I don't normally mind adaptations but in this day and age when entertainment news is so easy to grab its kind of hard to sit back and just wait to see and judge based on the trailer. When they said no Ken and Ryu for Street Fighter many fans, including myself, wrote it off. The rumors and casting behind GI Joe did quite spark. Now most of what I've heard about the live action Air Bender film has turned me sour to the project. I'm hopeful for Green Lantern and a few other films but really, companies need to make better decisions regarding translations of products with a geek following.

Though I guess Air Bender has a children s following so maybe the casting won't really effect it. If it was something more done to a hardcore comic audience the film would have been ripped apart before dropping.

No comments: