Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Silly Anime Fans...

To get this highly anticipated anime out to fans as soon as possible, there will be two separate releases. In July, August, and September, the entire series will be brought out in a bare-bones sub-only format, at nine episodes per DVD. This will be followed in the first months of 2009 by a more standard release, containing both the original Japanese audio and a completely new English dub. Scenarios for online distribution are also being considered.
Here

No way sub only, 9 episode DVDs are going to be the wave of the future. Two reasons, er... three. There are people who like dubs. We simply laugh at you on your message boards. There's the fact that most non-anime fans would probably not give a sub only a chance. Lets be honest, anime companies always value new customers and try to appeal to them. Number three, no way a 9 episode DVD in subtitle only would be 24.99 or less. Of course I could be wrong.

I'm watching the Tengen Toppo Gurren Lagann on fan sub right now. And if I like anime I buy it on DVD but there is no way I'm buying sub only. I like having anime on while doing other things and following the stories. Maybe reading a comic, doing some writing, hell-I like to eat and watch TV. So if I am hyped about this series, I'll just wait for the 2009 release.

No comments: