Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Future of NIN-Trent Doing It On His Own?

NIN main man Trent Reznor has been causing a bit of waves in music the last few months. First with the 'leaks' of new songs and then the ARG promotional campaign he did to promote the album by himself, though he says his label is taking credit for it. Then a week or so back he talked about how UMG in Australia is overcharging for his album and DVDs because they say his fans will buy it. Well Trents grown quite disillusioned, more so actually, and in this interview talks about the possible future of NIN(here) once he finishes his label obligations.

Given all that, do you have any idea how to approach the release of your next album?

I've have one record left that I owe a major label, then I will never be seen in a situation like this again. If I could do what I want right now, I would put out my next album, you could download it from my site at as high a bit-rate as you want, pay $4 through PayPal. Come see the show and buy a T-shirt if you like it. I would put out a nicely packaged merchandise piece, if you want to own a physical thing. And it would come out the day that it's done in the studio, not this "Let's wait three months" bulls---.

Bravo Trent. Fight the mainstream! Rip the system!

No comments: