Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Good Year For Music?

The first new album I bought in 2007 was Skinny Puppy's latest Mythmaker and with it I've come to like this incarnation of Skinny Puppy more then their stuff before their initial break up. Then I picked up former Sister Machine Gun main man Chris Randall's first solo album, Devil His Due. Switching from his industrial/alternative rock stuff to a straight up blues album that I'm enjoying. KoRns first release of the year, an Mtv Unplugged disc, was far better then I expected it to be. They have a new studio album in September.

Now we got Nine Inch Nails new album Year Zero coming out soon and the leaked tracks and new music video(posted below) have made me hyped for its April release. Finally My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult has given word of their newest release Filthiest Show in Town will drop in April as well. Plus nerdcore rapper MC Frontalot is recording his new disc Secrets From the Future. Also Queens of the Stone Age are set for a new release in June. Supposedly in spring another Pigface release too. Word going around Ministry will release their final album this year. Their last record, Rio Grande Blood, was tough to get into at first but I like more now. Also Mindless Self Indulgence and PIG have mentioned new albums in the works which has me hyped.

My one time favorite band KMFDM also plans a release this year. To see I'm uninterested would be an understatement. I hate you Sascha Koneitzko.

NIN-Survivalism

No comments: