Pages

Friday, March 23, 2007

3/23/07

Comics: I picked up mostly DC books again this week. Seriously, what the hell Marvel? Plus Runaways Saga just makes me think Humberto Ramos, who I usually like, should never darw these characters.

That said, it was all about Justice Society of America #4. When I got to the shop I saw they pulled the only Eaglesham cover aside and I made a comment about how broing Ross' covers have been so I got the variant at the usalu low price instead of the mark up. Oh, and that cover to 52 week 46 is all kinds of awesome.



Oh, and an artist I like named Ross Campbell produce this image below of Powergirl. Not exactly a fan but i would like to see him tackle some DC characters. or X-Men characters.



Finally got Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition Vol. 1. Discount Anime DVD came through and I put in an order to reserve the second Omnibus/Revised edition as well as a copy of the latest graphic novel.

TV: Wheres my Veronica Mars? Heroes? TV worth watching? 30 rock has been good but I have been very disappointed in this season of Scrubs.

Speaking of disappointing, whats with the lack of extras and cool sepcial features on the Justice League DVDs. Just started buying them and it makes me sad. Hopefully the Venture Bros. Season 2 has some nice extras.

Movies: 300 was totally awesome. Faithful to the book with stuff the director and screenwriters added that didn't take away but enhanced the movied.

TMNT might as well be entitled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4. However if you never saw those three original live action films it wouldn't matter as its connections to those films are small hints throught ou the film.

Next up the Grindhouse, and then I think I might be done with films after a handful of the big films like Transofrmers, Pirates 3, and Harry Potter.

Music: Pre-Ordered the new My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult album, Filthiest Show In Town. I've been waiting since, I don't know... early 2006 when they said it be April. They were right on the month, wrong on the year. I just hope its betetr then there released of the unreleased Gay, Black & Married.

Wrestling: Tonight and tomorrow Chikara is holding shows. Lately I've been enjoying their product so much so some comments.

Best Imitation of Myself show features a surprising amount of singles matches as Chikara focus' usually on tag matches. The Campeons de Parajes match between champs Team FIST and ShaneSaw could be good but its the other two tag matches including indy vets Mike Quackenbush and Reckless Youth taking on the luche libre team of Lince Dorado & Sicodellico, Jr. that looks to be fast paced fun and the 2.0 versus Los Ice Creams will guarentee laughs.

In singles actions all thee Ants of the Colony will have matches which will be interesting to see. as does the mini man monster Hydra. Most notably will be Chris Hero's return to face Hallowicked which I'm predicting show stopper. At least when I get it on DVD months from now. Luckily I avoid Chikara spoilers.

Time Will Prove Everything has a huge 8 man match with Hallowicked teaming with the Colony against Eddie Kingston and the Black Out. Four "thugs" versus three wrestlers in Ant amsks and a masked "goth." Interesting. I also predict Chris Hero to have another stand out match this time with the insane high flyer richochet. Sadly no 2.0 or Los Ice Creams listings but they still can be there. Larry Sweeny and Cheech & Cloudy also abset from these events.

No comments: