Pages

Friday, December 1, 2006

Looking Ahead to February... March... April...


I always said If I was going to read daredevil, I'd just read Frank Millers legendary run. Though, truth be told I was waiting for a cheap set of Essentials which would give me the run in glorious black and white for 16.99 a pop but Marvel Comics decided to give it the Omnibus format. Now, the last batch of Omnibus' I already had in some shape and form. The Uncanny X-Men one was very tempting and if went 9 issues longer would have had my entire favorite period in time but since it didn't, and cost 100 bucks, I skipped it. I love Grant Morrison's New X-Men but already had it in paperback collection. But Daredevil Omnibus? I love me some Frank Miller and with Mail Order Comics could get a decent discount(over 30 dollars off) so I have it check marked.

Though it forced me to decide to finally give American Virgin the axe and not to pick up the new Brave & the Bold(I'm sure I'll see it quickly traded anyway). Plus I figured I could pick up Alien Vs. Predator Omnibus($25) some other time and pick up the Showcase Presents House of Mystery vol. 2 when it comes out. That I'm definitely not skipping. So, my order list will include my usual list of X-Men, Checkmate, Green Arrow, Spirit, Tranquility, Superman: Confidential, and Pirates of Coney Island as well as the first All Star Superman collection and Adam Warrens Empowered OGN. All comes out to just over $100 before bags and boards and shipping and handling. That doesn't include what I will spend in February(and March and April...).

I'm a bit too tired to explain to you why I would splurge on Frank Miller books. I'm also too lazy to put information links in right now. Next time I will.

No comments: